CIBER Focus: Understanding Indiana SME Exporting Resources and Competitiveness with David Watkins
David is the State Director for the Indiana Small Business Development Center (SBDC). In this role, Watkins oversees the operation and activities of 10 SBDC offices which provide technical assistance to Hoosier entrepreneurs and small businesses across the state. Watkins previously served as the Associate State Director and Director of Operations.
He is a Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) as part of the National Association of Small Business International Trade Educators (NASBITE), bringing expertise in the areas of Global Business Management, Global Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and Trade Finance. Watkins previously served as Assistant Director of International Affairs at IUPUI where he managed international operations, assisted with reporting, and led improvement and development processes.
He received his MBA from Butler University with a focus on International Business & Finance and his Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs and Political Science from the University of Cincinnati.
Questions during the interview:
- The role of the SBDC in facilitating international trade and competitiveness for Indiana Businesses
- State focused perspective would be interesting
- How completive is Indiana/Indiana SME’s – is there a growth trend?
- How does that fit in with the overall picture of US Trade
- Are you seeing more interest/growth during COVID?
- What are some of those resources available
- Any success stories to share?