Out of Pocket Reimbursements
Recorded November 3, 2021. Access PowerPoint slides at https://go.iu.edu/handouts
We try to avoid it, but sometimes it’s inevitable: a staff member or supplier makes a purchase using personal funds while doing business for IU. How do you make sure the purchaser gets their money back and what tax considerations should you think about along the way?
After viewing this session, you will be able to:
- Articulate whether a reimbursement is allowable as defined by the IRS Accountable Plan.
- Determine which system, Chrome River or BUY.IU, should be used to issue a reimbursement.
- Complete an Out of Pocket Reimbursement report in Chrome River.
- Complete a Reimbursement for Supplier Out of Pocket Expense check request form in BUY.IU.
- Locate payment details for BUY.IU and Chrome River payments.