Connecting to an IU Webinar using Google Chrome and Pexip
From Jason Groce on February 15th, 2017
Setup and Testing for the Upcoming Webinar
Equipment needed - Google Chrome, Camera, Microphone (Headset), Speakers (Headset)
1. Open Google Chrome and go to bridge.iu.edu
2. Enter 0 for the bridge number.
3. Enter your name or organization’s name
4. Click Connect.
5. If the browser asks for permission to use your camera and or microphone please choose ALLOW.
6. Click the dropdown arrow under microphone and choose the microphone you would like to use.
a. Now when you speak, you should see a bar moving to indicate the microphone is working.
7. Click the dropdown arrow under camera and choose a camera to use. If you do not have a camera, you can skip this step.
a. If you have selected a camera, you should see your video under the dropdown box.
8. Click the dropdown arrow under Audio Output and select an output. Generally you will choose a headset if you have one. If not, the computer speakers will work but generally, you will need to lower the volume on the computer to avoid feedback or echo.
a. Click the Play Test Sound button to check the volume levels and that your audio output is working correctly.
9. Click START.
10. Depending on the webinar, you may be asked if you are the Host or a Guest. Answer accordingly.
11. Once connected MUTE your microphone until you need to speak.
12. Tell the operator that you are testing for an upcoming webinar and you needed to test your equipment and settings.
13. Email your organizer, let them know you have tested, and are ready for the webinar.